LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Health Informatics and Bioinformatics, M.S.
Health informatics and bioinformatics involves the use of computer technology to manage and analyze information in health care and the life sciences.
The Master of Science (M.S.) degree in health informatics and
bioinformatics is a Professional Science Masters (PSM) program. The
medical and bioinformatics program has strong data analytics,
teamwork, business, communication, project management, and ethics
components, and includes an intensive health or life science internship.
Why Study Health Informatics and Bioinformatics at Grand Valley?
- One of five professional science masters (PSM) programs at Grand Valley. The demand for professionals working in all of the PSM fields is high, with income and job projections continuing to trend upward in the coming years.
- The program is tailored toward working professionals, offering flexible class schedules with evening meetings.
- Innovative program designed to integrate university coursework with business and health industry internships to educate informatics professionals for the future.
- Access to a high-performance computing lab for health informatics and bioinformatics needs.
- Qualified faculty members with a breadth of industry experience lead in the classroom and collaborate in ongoing research.