Education, Online/Blended Instruction Graduate Certificate
The online/blended instruction certificate is for teachers, faculty members, and other corporate training professionals looking for the skills and knowledge to successfully design, develop, teach, and assess online or hybrid/blended learning environments.
Listen to Podcast
The graduate certificate is designed for
- Professionals who seek knowledge and expertise teaching in online or blended settings;
- Faculty in higher education who seek knowledge and expertise teaching in online or hybrid settings; and
- Corporate trainers or instructors interested in developing and implementing web-based, online instruction.
Interested students should contact their advisor or the graduate program director for learning, design, and technology.
- Students must apply for admission and be accepted into the College of Education and Community Innovation graduate program in learning, design, and technology, another GVSU graduate degree program, or already hold a Master's or terminal degree to acquire the proposed graduate certificate.
- Students must meet the guidelines for certificates as indicated in the Graduate Studies Policies and Procedures Manual.
Location & Format
All classes are offered fully online.Format:
The graduate certificate in online/blended instruction consists of the following four course sequence (12 credits, 3 credits each):
- EDT 635 - Instructional Systems Design
- EDT 629 - Online Instructional Design/Development
- EDT 684 - Field Experience
- EDT 626 - Assessment/Evaluation with Educational Technology
Deadline for fall semester is July 15; winter deadline is November 15; spring/summer deadline is March 15. Early application is strongly encouraged, those received after the deadline will be considered for the next cycle. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to GVSU.
For general requirements for graduate admission, visit Grand Valley State University’s admission section of the online catalog.
If you have additional questions, please contact our graduate admissions office.