LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Occupational Therapy, Dr.O.T.
The post-professional Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (Dr.O.T.) is designed for the working professional in search of a challenging yet supportive program. The Dr.O.T. aims to expand clinical skills, advance career opportunities, develop leadership skills, prepare for teaching in higher education, and facilitate innovative problem solving through highly individualized curricular experiences.
The 36 credit hour program offers a fully online curriculum with either full (2 classes/semester) or part time (1 class/semester) options. All Dr.O.T. students will be required to have a degree in occupational therapy as well as a master's degree in either occupational therapy or another field of study. Students are encouraged to maintain employment throughout the program.
Why Study Occupational Therapy at Grand Valley?
- GVSU is the only public university in Michigan to offer a post professional Doctorate in Occupational Therapy.
- Each course is designed so that individual student interests are applied through research, discussion, and assignments. Therefore, students are not tied to a pre-chosen set of curricular tracks to follow.
- Dr.O.T. faculty have a diverse set of clinical experiences and are highly skilled in the design and facilitation of a challenging and rewarding distance program.
- Dr.O.T. students are fully supported with a faculty advisor for guidance through the curriculum in a manner that is best for the students' personal and professional responsibilities.
- Grand Valley offers the same graduate tuition rate for in- and out-of-state students.