Corporate Transactions Graduate Badge
A digital badge, or badge, is a record of achievement that recognizes a student's completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. GVSU offers both credit and non-credit bearing badges as digital credentials. Credit-bearing badges include anywhere from 0.5 to 15 academic credits and may include additional noncredit criteria. Credit-bearing badges are also posted to the academic transcript.
The School of Accounting's badge in corporate transactions is designed to prepare you for advanced level tax research and planning for corporate transactions, including researching and providing tax law conclusions for tax issues posited by various tax fact patterns regarding
- corporate liquidations, liquidation of subsidiaries, taxable and nontaxable acquisitive transactions;
- key issues in multistate taxation, including the conditional nexus for includability, landmark and key court cases, and current versus past trends and future judicial direction; and
- United States jurisdiction to tax on the basis of citizenship, source of income, and other minimum contracts required by international or constitutional law.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, enhances your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization and can be completed in a year.
- The four taxation badges will create stackable credentials towards earning a master's degree in taxation.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Seidman is accredited by the AACSB International.
Completion of a bachelor's degree in accounting is required for admission. You must submit an official transcript from your baccalaureate degree granting institution. To start your application, click here.
For current GVSU students:
- Declare your badge via myBanner. Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate badge from the drop down list, and click Submit.
- Speak with the appropriate badge coordinator to ensure criteria are being met. You will be able to track your progress toward the badge in myPath as well!
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the badge via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your badge has been verified, the badge will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript. In addition, your digital badge will be posted on Credly.com.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are offered online or in-seat with online option downtown on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in L. William Seidman Center in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.Formats:
The badge is comprised of three courses, three credits each.
- ACC 625 - Corporate Tax II
- ACC 630 - Multistate Taxation
- ACC 633 - International Tax Practice
The badge is not a degree or certificate; however, if you choose to continue, completion of this badge and the other three taxation specialization badges will create stackable credentials towards earning a master's degree in taxation.
Admission to the Seidman College of Business and completion of the capstone required to earn the MST, talk to a counselor for details.
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Ave SW, suite 1031
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)