LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Corporate Transactions graduate badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. This gives you a way to share experiences, competencies, and knowledge with current and future employers, professional and community organizations, recruiters, and graduate program advisors.
The School of Accounting's badge in corporate transactions is designed to prepare you for advanced level tax research and planning for corporate transactions, including researching and providing tax law conclusions for tax issues posited by various tax fact patterns regarding
- corporate liquidations, liquidation of subsidiaries, taxable and nontaxable acquisitive transactions;
- key issues in multistate taxation, including the conditional nexus for includability, landmark and key court cases, and current versus past trends and future judicial direction; and
- United States jurisdiction to tax on the basis of citizenship, source of income, and other minimum contracts required by international or constitutional law.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, enhances your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization, and can be completed in a year.
- The four taxation badges will create stackable credentials towards earning a master's degree in taxation.