Applied Anthropology undergraduate certificate
A certificate in applied anthropology (CAA) is designed to help students learn practical skills and concepts that will be useful for careers in government, business, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), as well as graduate school.
Anyone admitted to GVSU as a degree-seeking student may complete this certificate.
Why Study Applied Anthropology at Grand Valley?
- Anthropology is a growing field, with increasing numbers of organizations seeking employees with ethnographic training.
- Anthropology uses data-based ideas and theories to solve real-world problems.
- Skills gained through applied anthropology are important in government, business, and non-governmental organizations.
- Anthropology plays a crucial role in human-centered design approaches.
- Humanitarian and health crises efforts worldwide have been improved by those trained in anthropology.
- Students who complete the certificate gain solid skills and experience useful in careers and/or graduate school.