LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Food and Beverage Service undergraduate badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. You can share experiences, competencies, or knowledge with current and future employers, organizations, recruiters, and graduate programs.
Hospitality and tourism management (HTM) is a dynamic sector of the service industry encompassing a variety of careers that include lodging, recreation, leisure, club management, resort operations, travel, tourism, and event management.
The HTM badge in food and beverage service provides you with the knowledge and skills to work responsibly and productively in the food and beverage industry.
Why Study Food and Beverage Service at Grand Valley?
- Identify strategies to provide superior service to guests.
- Apply best practices in food safety.
- Develop procedures for proper ordering, receiving, storing, and issuing of food and supplies.
- Apply standard equipment purchasing and layout principles.
- Calculate and apply cost and revenue control systems.
- Explain basic nutritional issues associated with food production, preparation, and consumption.
- Demonstrate how various ingredients react to different forms of cookery.
- Explain food safety regulations, regulatory agencies, and inspection processes.
- Explain licensing issues related to food and beverage management.
- Develop a labor schedule.