Prepharmacy students gain the strong foundation on which to build their studies at a pharmacy school, leading to successful careers in the burgeoning health industry.
Pharmacy schools accept students with a variety of different majors. Students can choose any major while completing the prerequisite coursework they need to score well on the Pharmacy College Admission Test.
Grand Valley students are exceptionally competitive. In Fall 2020, 93 percent of Grand Valley students who applied were accepted to pharmacy school. Nationally in 2020, 86 percent of applicants to pharmacy school were accepted.
The preprofessional advising team looks forward to helping students achieve their dream of pharmacy school.
Why Pursue Prepharmacy Studies at Grand Valley?
- Prepharmacy students at GVSU have access to state-of-the-art labs, including a cadaver lab, that provide unique and rigorous preparation for pharmacy school.
- The preprofessional advising team maintains a robust preprofessional website to help students find various resources and connect to shadowing and volunteer opportunities. The team also coordinates various workshops and events throughout the year to support prepharmacy students, including health care experience panel, test prep course, professional and graduate school fairs, personal statement workshop, and mock mini interviews.
- Students can join the Pre-Pharmacy Association at GVSU, which connects students with pharmacy school admission representatives, current pharmacy students (GVSU alumni), volunteer and other networking opportunities.
- Prepharmacy students receive a high level of support through the pharmacy school application process, through one-on-one advising, webinars/workshops, and application review services.
- GVSU partners closely with our Michigan pharmacy schools, and offers programs such as the PharmD Preferred Admission Program with the University of Michigan and a mentoring program with Ferris State University.
- GVSU partners closely with the University of Michigan and Ferris State University to offer PharmD early admission programs, mentoring opportunities and more.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Location & Format
Undergraduate students in this major study at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
- Face To Face
Grand Valley's prepharmacy program offers all of the courses necessary to gain admission into pharmacy school and fulfill the requirements of the PCAT, including:
- Anatomy & physiology
- General chemistry
- Organic chemistry
Combined Degree Programs
This undergraduate degree can be combined with a master's degree to save you time and money, and get you into the workforce sooner. On average, students save $8,500 in our combined degree programs and take up to four fewer classes than if earning the degrees separately.
You can even build your own combined degree from programs in different disciplines to further personalize your education and meet specific career goals.
Visit the Admissions website for undergraduate requirements.