Information Systems Management graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The information systems management badge (not a degree or certificate) prepares students to engage with information systems. The badge enables students to
- analyze the business needs that drive the need for IS solutions;
- evaluate and choose appropriate system development lifecycles and methodologies;
- create high-level design specifications;
- articulate ethical, cultural, and legal issues;
- apply the guidelines found in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK);
- use tools for the planning, organization, and management of an information systems project; and
- differentiate between Agile and traditional approaches to IS project management.
Admissions and Application
Completion of a Bachelor's degree, and evidence of object-oriented programming skill is required for admission. To start your application:
- Visit gvsu.edu/admissions/graduate-application-24.htm
- Select the graduate online application. If you are new to the Grand Valley admissions site, please create an account at this time.
- Application type, select "to complete a Graduate Badge."
- Select a badge from the drop-down list.
- Choose your semester start date, and proceed with the rest of the application.
- Contact the School of Computing at [email protected] and inform them of your intent to enroll in the badge program.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.