LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Combined Degree: Statistics B.S. and Applied Statistics, M.S.
Grand Valley State University combined degree programs offer students
the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree,
meeting their unique personal, academic, and career goals. Pursuing a
combined degree can reduce the cost and total time required to
Qualified undergraduate statistics students may be admitted to the program and obtain the B.S. in statistics and the M.S. in applied statistics within the accelerated time frame. The requirements for applying to the combined degree program:
- At least 65 hours of undergraduate academic credit have been completed or is in progress.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 at the time of application.
- Completion of the following courses with at least B in each: STA 215 (or STA 312), STA 216, at least one of STA 310, STA 321, STA 315.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Resume and letter of intent.
Why Pursue a Combined Degree at Grand Valley?
- The program offers a comprehensive curriculum in applied statistics at the graduate level, providing experience in a greater variety of applied statistical techniques.
- Statisticians are in high demand across a variety of industries: retail, manufacturing, health care, and academia.
- Accelerate your career trajectory and complete your degrees one step ahead of the competition.
- Respond to emerging job markets.
- Meet the growing national need for more master's trained employees.
- Students gain valuable experience in the application of statistical software.