Palliative and Hospice Care I graduate badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. This gives you a way to share experiences, competencies, and knowledge with current and future employers, professional and community organizations, recruiters, and graduate program advisors.
The palliative and hospice care model (Palliative and Hospice Care I) badge recognizes completion of a three credit graduate level course covering the history and philosophy of palliative and hospice care. In addition, current skills related to holistic assessment, communication, and ethical considerations in end-of-life care are presented and practiced.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, enhances your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization, and the P&HC I can be completed in one semester.
- Gain a deep understanding of the personal, professional and societal perspectives of delivering care to patients facing life-limiting disease, terminal illness and death.