LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Combined Degree: Exercise Science B.S. and Athletic Training MAT
Grand Valley State University combined degree programs offer students
the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree,
meeting their unique personal, academic, and career goals. Pursuing a
combined degree can reduce the cost and total time required to
Qualified undergraduates may be admitted to the program and obtain both the B.S. in exercise science and MAT in athletic training within the accelerated time frame.
Students interested in the combined degree program will follow the undergraduate coursework for exercise science - clinical emphasis with approved substitutions. Undergraduate exercise science majors apply to the athletic training program in the fall of their junior year. Application requirements include:
- All prerequisite courses completed with a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Earned a minimum of C in all courses.
- Two recommendations.
- Academic transcripts, resume/CV, and writing samples.
- Minimum of 75 hours of documented observation.
- Health care provider CPR/AED and first aid certifications.
Why Pursue Combined Degrees at Grand Valley?
- Personal attention by faculty in all courses and labs in our student-centered program.
- Consistent high pass rates on the Board of Certification (BOC) exam for athletic trainers. The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- Accelerate your career trajectory and complete your degrees one step ahead of the competition.
- Respond to emerging job markets.
- Meet the growing national need for more master's trained employees.
- Gain valuable internship and career opportunities through partnerships in the West Michigan area.