LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Predental students gain the strong foundation on which to build their studies at a dental school, leading to successful careers in the burgeoning health industry.
Dental schools accept students with a variety of different majors. Predental students can choose any major while completing the prerequisite coursework they need to score well on the Dental Admission Test.
Grand Valley students are exceptionally competitive. In Fall 2019, 62 percent of Grand Valley students were accepted to dental school on their first application. Nationally in 2019, 51.9 percent of applicants to dental school were accepted.
The preprofessional advising team is prepared to help students achieve their dreams of dental school.
Why Pursue Predental Studies at Grand Valley?
- Predental students at GVSU have access to state-of-the-art labs, including a cadaver lab, that provide unique and rigorous preparation for dental school.
- The preprofessional advising team maintains a robust preprofessional website to help students find various resources and connect to shadowing and volunteer opportunities. The team also coordinates various workshops and events throughout the year to support predental students, including suture clinic, health care experience panel, test prep course, professional and graduate school fairs, personal statement workshop, and mock mini interviews.
- Students are able to join the PreDental Club at GVSU, which connects students with dental school admission representatives, current dental students (GVSU alumni), volunteer and other networking opportunities.
- Predental students are provided with a high level of support through the dental school application process, through one-on-one advising, webinars/workshops, and application review services.
- Students who apply to dental school through the regular application cycle have the ability to request a committee letter through the GVSU Preprofessional Committee.