Cannabis Operations Management Minor
The cannabis operations management minor is an interdisciplinary program, with an experiential learning component, that focuses on social justice and safety issues related to cannabis use, the cannabis industry, and the role of community development and organization.
The cannabis operations management minor will prepare students to work in the retail cannabis industry and ancillary fields. Those interested in nonprofit and/or governmental intersections with cannabis operations, and efforts at achieving social equity, will gain a wider, holistic understanding of this developing industry and hospitality infusions.
This minor is available to currently enrolled undergraduate students and is available online or in person.
Why Study Cannabis Operations Management at Grand Valley?
- Prepare for employment in the lucrative retail cannabis industry, which is on track to employ more than a half million workers by 2024.
- Develop ethical and appropriate best business practices.
- Learn from a curriculum reflecting modern industry concepts and holistic insight to take your career to the next level.
- Learn about cultivation, usage, community health, restorative justice, and social equity programs.
- Experiential learning opportunities facilitated through field experience.
- Taught by experienced faculty members with both academic and professional experience.
- Create stackable credentials that enhance your degree and bolster your resume.