LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Combined Degree: Engineering, B.S.E. and M.S.E.
Grand Valley State University combined degree programs offer students the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree, meeting their unique personal, academic, and career goals. Pursuing a combined degree program can reduce the cost and total time required to complete both a bachelor's and a master's degree.
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles by
way of B.S.E. and M.S.E. degree programs that integrate academic
studies with hands-on learning and paid professional co-op experiences
in engineering companies.
The combined program allows the use of two courses from the graduate program to fulfill the requirements for two undergraduate electives, while applying these courses to the graduate program. Similarly, the combined program utilizes an integrated culminating experience that fulfills the requirements of both the B.S.E. and M.S.E. programs. Through this articulation, the student completes both programs through a reduction of 9 to 11 credits.
Why Pursue a Combined Degree at Grand Valley?
- Combined bachelor's/master's programs that allow high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
- Accelerate your career trajectory and stay one step ahead of the competition.
- Meet the growing national need for more master's trained employees.
- Personal attention in small classes and extensive hands-on and project-based learning supported by our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- Excellent engineering opportunities in the West Michigan area, anticipated to improve over the next 10 years because this area, centered in Grand Rapids, is one of the strongest and most innovative technical, manufacturing, and industrial regions of the state.
- Opportunities for Industry Sponsored Graduate Fellowship (IGF) and Internships to gain valuable experiential knowledge in parallel to academic learning while getting financial support from the surrounding industries.