LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Education, School Counseling, M.Ed.
The Master of Education in school counseling prepares educators for careers as school counselors in K-12 public, private, and charter schools. The program is approved by the Michigan Department of Education and guided by the American School Counselor Association National Model.
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in School Counseling includes important educational components for individuals who wish to become school counselors. The program is designed to prepare students with the skills needed to develop and manage a comprehensive school counseling program.
Why Study School Counseling at Grand Valley?
- Flexible classes offered evenings, weekends, online/hybrid, and during summer make it easier for working adults to plan their schedules.
- Faculty members, with extensive experience as school counselors, support and encourage success among students in their academic endeavors at Grand Valley and later in their careers.
- Students have the opportunity for early exposure to area professionals through practica and internships in the field of school counseling.
- All emphasis-area courses, practica, and internships are specific
to K-12 educational settings.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.