LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Combined Degree: Computer Science B.S. and Cybersecurity M.S.
Grand Valley State University combined degree programs offer students
the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree,
meeting their unique personal, academic, and career goals. Pursuing a
combined degree can reduce the cost and total time required to
The computer science major provides students with the foundations and experience to succeed in computing fields. The cybersecurity program is designed to help professionals expand their knowledge in the cybersecurity area, creating opportunities for advancement in the field. Students will build skills to recognize, prepare for, defend against, and investigate current and future threats. The combined program will best prepare students to develop new Cybersecurity tools and techniques.
Qualified undergraduates may be admitted to the program and obtain both the B.S. in computer science and M.S. in cybersecurity within the accelerated time frame.
Students apply for the combined program during their second academic year. Application requirements include:
- Overall GPA of 3.25 or greater
- Admission to the undergraduate computer science program
- 60 hours of academic credit completed or in progress
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of intent
Why Pursue a Combined Degree at Grand Valley?
- A theoretical foundation and practical experience offer excellent preparation for the job market and valuable experience.
- By focusing on the underlying principles behind cybersecurity, our program prepares students to handle future cybersecurity challenges in addition to today's threats.
- All graduate faculty members hold doctorate degrees.
- There are opportunities for collaboration with faculty members on ongoing research.
- The School of Computing has its own dedicated state-of-the-art computer labs for hands-on learning.
- Accelerate your career trajectory and complete your degrees one step ahead of the competition.