LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Mechanical Engineering, B.S.E.
Mechanical engineers are professionals who use their knowledge and skills for the enhancement of human welfare and the environment. They integrate the mechanical and thermo-fluid sciences to analyze and solve problems involving power and motion. They can design equipment and machines such as robots and conveyor systems, internal combustion engines and gas turbines, air conditioning units, cars, and trains.
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies. Grand Valley also offers a graduate program in engineering for those who want to expand their knowledge and skills.
Why Study Mechanical Engineering at Grand Valley?
- Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org.
- Extensive hands-on and project-based learning in small, student-focused classes.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Strong support from industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships for graduate and undergraduate students, as well as sponsor Capstone design projects.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates.