Intercultural Competence Undergraduate Badge
Grand Valley State University's Intercultural Competence badge offers
a unique and innovative opportunity to take your education a step
beyond traditional expectations whether you are already a GVSU
degree-seeking student or you are a professional who is looking to
gain additional skills.
We offer an eight credit digital badge which is available to GVSU students and working professionals. All courses are available online, making it possible to complete the badge from anywhere in the world.
The cutting-edge courses will provide you with high-performance tools for navigating and ensuring success in today's world.
- Expand your capabilities by learning how to live and work successfully within and across various cultures as well as in diverse environments.
- Explore the traditions, ideas, and values of others, which will also teach you more about your own.
- Gain a unique perspective for achieving efficiencies in business, health care, education, and your personal life.
- Earning a badge adds a notable level of distinction to your accomplishments, giving you a competitive edge in the work force or graduate studies.
- Experience-based learning builds skills that are in demand by today's employers and support students to become more culturally aware, engaged citizens.
- Student who earn the ITC badge will also have completed all core requirements for the Global Communications certificate.
- Classes are offered fully online.
What is a badge at Grand Valley?
A digital badge, or badge, is a record of achievement that recognizes a student's completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. GVSU offers both credit and non-credit bearing badges as digital credentials. Credit-bearing badges include anywhere from 0.5 to 15 academic credits and may include additional noncredit criteria. Credit-bearing badges are also posted to the academic transcript.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Admissions to complete a digital badge is open to both degree and nondegree seeking students. If you are not currently a Grand Valley student, start your application here.
For current GVSU students:
- Declare your badge via myBanner. Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate badge from the drop down list, and click Submit.
- Speak with the appropriate badge coordinator to ensure criteria are being met. You will be able to track your progress toward the badge in myPath as well!
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the badge via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your badge has been verified, the badge will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript. In addition, your digital badge will be posted on Credly.com.
Location & Format
This program can be completed fully online.Format:
For More InformationIntegrative, Religious, and Intercultural Studies (IRIS) Department
324 Lake Ontario Hall
“Steelcase will increasingly rely on universities like GVSU that embrace a global mindset by educating interculturally competent students who can eventually populate our facilities and those of other companies around the world.”
V.P. C.D.O. GLOBAL CORPORATE RELATIONS, STEELCASE
“This program is what graduating students need to complement any degree area.”
PRINCIPAL, NORTH MUSKEGON ELEMENTARY