LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Hospitality and Tourism Management, B.S.
Grand Valley's hospitality and tourism management major is a dynamic program that encompasses a wide variety of career opportunities, such as lodging, food and beverage, recreation, leisure, club management, resort operations, travel, tourism, and event management.
Students majoring in hospitality and tourism management must complete the following:
- General university degree requirements
- HTM core courses (minimum 38 credits)
- HTM field requirement (7 credits)
- Two HTM concentrations (minimum 18 credits)
- Business cognates (9 credits)
Why Study Hospitality and Tourism Management at Grand Valley?
Hospitality and tourism management students can expect:
- a curriculum that reflects modern industry concepts and best practices;
- classes taught by experienced faculty members with both academic and professional experience;
- experiential learning opportunities facilitated through a structured internship program that includes 1,000 hours of valuable hands-on experience;
- networking opportunities with faculty, peers, alumni, professional organizations, and industry stakeholders; and
- distinctive opportunities that no other institution offers through six diverse and practical career concentrations at Grand Valley.