LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Modern Languages and Literatures
The ability to speak and read another language expands our range of
cultural competency and communication, but also enriches our
understanding of the world and our own culture.
All languages listed below count toward the BA third semester
language requirement. We offer:
- Majors in French, German, and Spanish
- Minors in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, and Spanish
- Three years of language and culture courses in Japanese
- Two years of language in Italian
Why Study Modern Languages and Literatures at Grand Valley?
Grand Valley State University has unique benefits and resources that give language students an enhanced learning experience and level of expertise.
- Our Language Resource Center provides students with interactive, effective, and enjoyable ways to learn.
- The department's experienced and dedicated faculty offer individual assistance to students.
- The in-house study abroad program gives students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the culture and language they are studying.