Product Design & Manufacturing Engineering, B.S.E.
Product design and manufacturing engineers design and build systems to tackle problems big and small. They integrate new concepts and prototypes and devise methods and systems to develop desirable products, from design and planning to production and delivery, for a globally competitive marketplace.
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies. Grand Valley also offers a graduate program in engineering for those who want to expand their knowledge and skills.
PDM offers four emphasis areas:
- Robotics and controls
- Manufacturing systems
Why Study Product Design and Manufacturing at Grand Valley?
- Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org.
- Extensive hands-on and project-based learning in small, student-focused classes.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Strong support from industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships for graduate and undergraduate students, as well as sponsor Capstone design projects.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates.