LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Political Science, B.A., B.S.
Political Science is the study of politics in its many forms, including law-making and criminal justice, war and international conflicts, protest movements and revolutions, campaigns and elections, political ideas and ideologies, and human rights. Our courses provide the tools to understand these phenomena, and they also develop skills in research, analysis, writing, critical thinking, and speaking.
Students can choose a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. A minor and a teachable minor are also available.
Visit gvsu.edu/polisci for more information.
Why Study Political Science at Grand Valley?
- Small class sizes ensure students get personal attention from expert, student-focused professors who are passionate about political science.
- Students can study and intern for a semester or summer in Washington, DC, through our partnership with The Washington Center. Local internships are also available.
- Students gain research, writing, speaking, critical thinking, and data analysis skills valued by graduate programs and employers.
- Studying political science helps prepare students for success in a range of career fields, including nonprofit organizations, international affairs, law, business, education, advocacy groups, and in local, state, and national government.
- We have a strong network of GVSU political science alumni across
the country and around the world who are eager to help new graduates