LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Palliative and Hospice Care II graduate badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. This gives you a way to share experiences, competencies, and knowledge with current and future employers, professional and community organizations, recruiters, and graduate program advisors.
The symptom management in palliative and hospice care (Palliative and Hospice Care II) badge recognizes completion of a graduate level course covering the assessment and management of pain and the variety of non-pain symptoms afflicting people who could benefit from palliative and hospice care. Skills for incorporating physical, psychologic, sociologic, and spiritual considerations into the management decisions for symptom relief are emphasized. Pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic approaches to symptom management are considered.
Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. It is not required to be admitted to a graduate degree program to complete the badge.
Contact the program director for admission.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, enhances your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization, and the P&HC II can be completed in one semester.
- Gain a deep understanding of the personal, professional and societal perspectives of delivering care to patients facing life-limiting disease, terminal illness and death.