Occupational Safety & Health Management, B.S.
The Bachelor of Science degree in occupational safety and health management (OSHM) provides students with the proper balance of safety management and scientific training required in the field for manufacturing, insurance, chemical, government, and service industries.
OSHM prepares students for entry-level positions within the occupational safety profession. Students are immersed in a curriculum that exposes them to a wide range of experiences to prepare them for a career based on the industry in which they wish to work. The following are examples of industry sectors that hire OSHM professionals: manufacturing, insurance, chemical, government, service industries.
Why Study OSHM at Grand Valley?
- Our program is distinguished by a combination of hands-on and theoretical learning, including mandatory internship education.
- Graduates are eligible to receive the Graduate Safety Practitioner® designation from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, as well as the Associate Safety and Health Management certification from the Institute of Safety and Health Management.
- Nearly 100% job placement.
- Faculty members have industry experience and are board certified.
- Accredited by the Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission of ABET.