Global Studies and Social Impact, B.A., B.S.
Global studies and social impact (GSI) addresses the world's greatest challenges - food, security, climate change, human rights, religious freedom, and conflict - by placing contemporary issues center stage, and preparing students to be creative, flexible thinkers within local and global communities.
Students earn a B.A. or B.S. in GSI by taking courses organized around interdisciplinary global themes. Students also choose two world regions to study in more depth.
Why Pursue Global Studies and Social Impact at Grand Valley?
- Plan a course of study around global and social justice issues such as immigration, human trafficking, and geotourism.
- Learn to think in an integrated, interdisciplinary way about issues affecting people across the globe.
- Develop aptitude in intercultural competency and communication through experiential learning.
- Gain important foreign language capabilities.
- Build skills in research methods and statistics.