LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Global Studies and Social Impact, B.A., B.S.
Global studies and social impact (GSI) addresses the world's greatest challenges food, security, climate change, human rights, religious freedom, and conflict by placing contemporary issues center stage, and preparing students to be creative, flexible thinkers within local and global communities.
Students earn a B.A. or B.S. in GSI by taking courses organized around interdisciplinary global themes. Students also choose two world regions to study in more depth.
Why Pursue Global Studies and Social Impact at Grand Valley?
- Plan a course of study around global and social justice issues such as immigration, human trafficking, and geotourism.
- Learn to think in an integrated, interdisciplinary way about issues affecting people across the globe.
- Develop aptitude in intercultural competency and communication through experiential learning.
- Gain important foreign language capabilities.
- Build skills in research methods and statistics.