Visit www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus for more.
Global Communications undergraduate adult online certificate
The global communications certificate prepares you with skills in
effective communication within and across diverse international
Core courses ground you in cultural competency, written and spoken discourse, and experiential learning. You will demonstrate effective multimodal persuasion and messaging that you can apply within a range of workplace, digital, and societal settings. Skills development is enhanced through interdisciplinary electives that situate global communication skills within particular job sectors and/or contexts.
Contact Adult and Continuing Studies to speak with a faculty advisor who can help you plan the best and most direct course to complete the certificate requirements.
Why Study Global Communications at Grand Valley?
- You will demonstrate effective communication skills that can be applied within a range of workplace, digital, and societal settings.
- You can create stackable credentials that enhance your degree and bolster your resume.
- Courses are offered fully online, in six-week accelerated formats, so you can complete it in one year or less.
For More InformationAdult and Continuing Studies
To learn more about this certificate either as part of a degree or as a stand-alone certificate option, schedule an appointment with an advisor.
Location & Format
This program is available fully online.Format:
Core courses, eight credits:
- ITC 100 - Introduction to Intercultural Competence
- WRT 354 - Writing in the Global Context: Culture, Technology, and Language Practices
- ITC 490 - Practicum: Intercultural Learning Experience
Electives, six credits. Students are required to select one course from each category below:
- Media, Modes, and Methods - options include classes in intercultural communications, digital literacies, global environment, or sacred texts
- Theory in Practice - options include ethics, digital culture, business communication, writing for the web, and digital crime