LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
The Master of Arts in English offers students and professionals an opportunity to deepen literary knowledge, sharpen critical skills, and strengthen expository writing.
Most courses are offered in the evenings, making it ideal for working professionals and those who are considering the pursuit of a Ph.D. Students can complete the program in the standard two years. Visit gvsu.edu/grad/english for admission requirements.
Why Study English at Grand Valley?
The M.A. program at Grand Valley State University has many advantages:
- Award-winning teachers committed to academic rigor.
- Courses are taught by professors who are active scholars with strong publication records.
- Small classes (with a limit of 15 students) ensure intensive student-faculty collaboration.
- Evening courses on the Allendale and Grand Rapids campuses accommodate part-time students.
- Flexible programming makes it easy for students to pursue their own interests.