LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Education, Special Education, M.Ed.
The Master of Education in special education program is approved by the Michigan Department of Education to prepare teachers to work effectively with students who receive special education services.
This program prepares candidates to effectively teach students with disabilities in a variety of settings and to effectively manage the classroom by developing the ability to adjust teaching practices according to individual student needs. The program features highly trained faculty who value interaction with candidates, robust clinical components and field placement opportunities, and content that is directly applicable to the K-12 classroom setting.
Why Study Special Education at Grand Valley?
- Grand Valley's M.Ed. in special education received the highest level of national recognition from the Council for Exceptional Children.
- Leadership and professional engagement along with networking opportunities are available through the Graduate Student Association and The Graduate School.
- Faculty members, with extensive experience, support and encourage success among students as educators in their academic endeavors at Grand Valley and later in their careers.
- Flexible classes offered evenings, weekends, online/hybrid, and during summer make it easier for working adults to plan their schedules.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.