Education, Literacy Studies, M.Ed.
Students completing the Master of Education in Literacy Studies with a Reading/Language Arts emphasis become literacy leaders in one of three areas: Elementary Reading, Secondary Reading, or K-12 Reading Specialist.
We offer the following master's programs, along with endorsements:
- Elementary and Secondary Reading Programs: For teachers interested in facilitating student learning through effective literacy practices in PK-12 classrooms.
- K-12 Reading Specialist Program: For teachers interested in being a reading specialist or literacy interventionist, literacy coaching, and/or administration/supervision of district-wide reading/language arts programs.
Why Literacy Studies at Grand Valley?
- Flexible formats include hybrid and fully online courses, as well as accelerated summer courses.
- Accomplished faculty with extensive backgrounds in PK-12 education.
- Curriculum that is contemporary, practical, and directly relates to practice in school contexts.
- Field experience integrated into coursework provides practical application of knowledge, theory, and research.
- Recognized by the International Literacy Association.