Education, Learning, Design, and Technology, M.Ed.
The Master of Education degree in learning, design, and technology prepares educators at all levels to integrate technology into instructional settings. The program prepares educators, trainers, faculty, and leaders to enhance the potential of their students and evaluate the social, legal, and ethical implications of educational policies and practices.
Visit the program website for more information.
Listen to Podcast
The M.Ed. in learning, design, and technology is offered as a fully online program. GVSU's online M.Ed. degree has been recognized as one of the best online graduate education programs by U.S. News & World Report and received national recognition by ISTE.
Why Study Learning, Design, and Technology at Grand Valley?
- Develop and grow professionally as part of a community of learners engaged in collaboration with faculty members, outside experts, mentors, and like-minded colleagues.
- Learning takes place using evidence-based practices, information, digital tools, and instructional materials.
- Faculty members are experts in their field of study and remain flexible, available, and supportive of students.
- Take part in state-of-the-art learning from an institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools.
- Named "Best Online Graduate Education Programs" by
U.S. News & World Report and BestColleges.com.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education and Community Innovation is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (NCA). The faculty are leaders in their fields, melding together the philosophy of education and your needs as a practitioner.
Location & Format
Classes for this program are offered fully online.Format:
Courses focus on a variety of topics, including pedagogical issues, instructional design, curriculum integration, along with:
- Selection, acquisition, use of instructional materials and media.
- Web-based and online instructional design.
- Legal/ethical issues for technology use in educational settings.
Aside from maximizing your teaching skills, graduates can enjoy careers as corporate trainers, course developers, instructional designers, and technology specialists.
Deadline for fall semester is July 15; winter, November 15; spring/summer, March 15. Early application is strongly encouraged to secure course enrollment. Those applications received after the deadline will be considered on an individual basis and program availability. Late applicants should contact program director Beomkyu Choi, [email protected] The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if you have previously applied to GVSU.
- The Education programs have rolling admissions deadlines to ensure maximum flexibility for our applicants
- Up to 9 credit hours can be transferred from other institutions (many institutions only allow up to 6 transfer credits)
- Enrollment begins in mid-March for the following academic year to give students additional time to plan
- GVSU allows you up to 8 years to complete your graduate program (more time than most other institutions)
- You must submit an official transcript from your baccalaureate degree granting institution
Visit the Education page for criteria and procedures.
For More InformationLearning, Design, and Technology
401 Fulton Street West, Building C
Beomkyu Choi, Ph.D.
“I discovered the wealth of software and technology, such as the distance learning equipment, that was available to me in my district, yet was not made fully apparent to the teachers. I am now better equipped to implement technology-based learning into my instruction.”
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)