LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Education, Graduate Teacher Certification - Elementary
The graduate teacher certification program is designed for individuals who have completed a bachelor's degree and are interested in pursuing initial teacher certification.
The program prepares individuals to be certified elementary educators. This full time program is offered in person for those seeking elementary certification.
The GTC program falls under the Masters of Education (M.Ed.) in Instruction and Curriculum in either Elementary Education. Students completing the GTC program exit with a recommendation for initial teacher certification and will only have a few additional courses to take before completing a full Masters degree.
Why Study Education at Grand Valley?
- The program prepares individuals to be certified elementary educators.
- Certification can be completed in one year/three semesters.
- Faculty members are experts in their field of study and remain flexible, available, and supportive of students.
- This full-time program is offered in-person for those seeking elementary certification.
- Students who complete the program leave with a recommendation for initial teacher certification and only have a few additional courses to take before completing a master's degree.