Education, Educational Technology, M.Ed.
The Master of Education degree in educational technology prepares educators at all levels to integrate technology into instructional settings. The program prepares educators, trainers, faculty, and leaders to enhance the potential of their students and evaluate the social, legal, and ethical implications of educational policies and practices.
Listen to Podcast
The M.Ed. in educational technology is offered as a fully online program. GVSU's online M.Ed. degree has been recognized as one of the best online graduate education programs by U.S. News & World Report and received national recognition by ISTE.
Why Study Educational Technology at Grand Valley?
- Develop and grow professionally as part of a community of learners engaged in collaboration with faculty members, outside experts, mentors, and like-minded colleagues.
- Learning takes place using evidence-based practices, information, digital tools, and instructional materials.
- Faculty members are experts in their field of study and remain flexible, available, and supportive of students.
- Take part in state-of-the-art learning from an institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools.
- Named "Best Online Graduate Education Programs" by
U.S. News & World Report and BestColleges.com.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education and Community Innovation is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (NCA). The faculty are leaders in their fields, melding together the philosophy of education and your needs as a practitioner.
Location & Format
Classes for this program are offered fully online.Format:
Courses focus on a variety of topics, including pedagogical issues, instructional design, curriculum integration, along with:
- Selection, acquisition, use of instructional materials and media.
- Web-based and online instructional design.
- Legal/ethical issues for technology use in educational settings.
Aside from maximizing your teaching skills, graduates can enjoy careers as corporate trainers, course developers, instructional designers, and technology specialists.
Deadline for fall semester is July 15; winter, November 15; spring/summer, March 15. Early application is strongly encouraged to secure course enrollment. Those applications received after the deadline will be considered on an individual basis and program availability. Late applicants should contact program director Sean Lancaster, [email protected] The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if you have previously applied to GVSU.
All students seeking degree, endorsement, approval, license or certificate change must be formally admitted to graduate study. A maximum of six graduate credits earned prior to graduate admission may apply to degree requirements.
In addition to university admissions requirements in the GVSU catalog, students must meet the Master of Education (M.Ed.) Admission Criteria.
Educational Technology – completed application and
one letter of recommendation. If an applicant has a GPA of 3.0 or
higher and a positive letter of recommendation, then the applicant
will be admitted. If the applicant has less than a 3.0, then the
applicant can be admitted by demonstrating one or more of the
- evidence of responsible professional work experience;
- graduate certification/endorsement;
- previous graduate work or a previous master's degree; and/or
- acceptable GRE scores.
Visit the Education page for alternate criteria and procedures.
“I discovered the wealth of software and technology, such as the distance learning equipment, that was available to me in my district, yet was not made fully apparent to the teachers. I am now better equipped to implement technology-based learning into my instruction.”
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)