Education, Educational Specialist in Leadership, Ed.S.
The educational specialist in leadership program provides leaders with clinical experiences, case methods of teaching, and pragmatic curriculum geared to the specific knowledge required by district leaders and superintendents at different career stages.
The program offers candidates the opportunity to expand their knowledge skills, networking, and career opportunities. In addition, it makes for an excellent transition to Ed.D. programs at partnering universities. The Ed.S. in leadership with a cognate in district level administration builds on the master's degree and develops leadership practitioners for school and/or central office administrative positions.
Why Study Educational Leadership at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members have extensive K-12 teaching and administrative backgrounds.
- Convenient locations with classes in online and others offered at sites in southwestern and northern Michigan.
- Flexible hybrid classes offered evenings, weekends, and during summer make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules.
- The leadership curriculum is an excellent blend of theory and practical application.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.