LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Education, Education Leadership M.Ed. - Special Education Administration emphasis
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership - Emphasis Special Education Administration program prepares graduates to work in K-12 settings as building level administrators and as district level administrators on behalf of students with disabilities, birth to 26 years of age.
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership - Emphasis Special Education Administration program is known for its comprehensive approach to preparing students for leadership positions in both general and special education administration.
This includes preparation in general education supervision and evaluation, supervision of curriculum and instruction, special education law, special education finance, personnel administration, and school and community relationships. Students complete field practicum experiences in both general and special education administration.
Why Study Educational Leadership at Grand Valley?
- The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional educators: program completion results in eligibility for both general and special education administrator certification.
- Courses are taught by faculty members who are leaders in their fields, with years of administrative experience in the P-12 system.
- The program is designed with educators working full-time in mind with flexible scheduling of classes offered evenings, weekends, and during the summer.
- The program is nationally recognized by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP).
- Program faculty and advisors are readily available to prospective
students, current students, and students who have completed the program.