Business Administration, M.B.A.
The Master of Business Administration offers an education of
exceptional value and impact for individuals aspiring to transform
their careers and lead the businesses transforming our region. The
professional M.B.A. offers a learning opportunity in the context of
everyday business situations over 22 months of study.
Listen to Podcast
- Program Focus. Leadership skills, strategy, and customer-oriented perspective.
- Hybrid Delivery. Two courses per semester - one class in person and one online each week.
- Cohort Structure. All classes taken with the same group of students; enables strong peer learning and professional connections.
- Professional Development. Individualized feedback based on a leadership style assessment. Mentoring opportunities and structured group workshop learning experiences.
- Culminating Experience. Apply knowledge and experience to a business consulting capstone project.
Why Study Business Administration at Grand Valley?
- Vibrant, synergistic relationships with area businesses offer opportunities for collaboration on career development and on community-based projects.
- Faculty members consult actively with local and national businesses. This dynamic exchange keeps students current and connected through a blend of theory and applied practice.
- All classes are taken in a cohort format, which enables strong peer learning and professional connections.
- Accreditation through AACSB International, the premier business school accrediting organization, is a testament to quality. Seidman College is regularly recognized as a top business school and students excel in local, state, and national educational competitions.
- Classes are held in the thriving business community in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Seidman is accredited by the AACSB International. Visit their accreditation website for more information.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are a combination of online and in-seat downtown on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in L. William Seidman Center in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.Format:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; deadline for fall semester start is July 1 and December 1 for winter. There is a $48 BusinessCAS application fee and a $30 GVSU application fee (the GVSU fee may be waived if you have previously applied to GVSU).
The Seidman Professional MBA is a 22-month program designed for working professionals with three or more years of relevant experience. Flexible prerequisites options. For more, visit the Seidman College of Business website.
“The Seidman M.B.A. taught me to think differently. My business would not be where it is today if it had not been for my Seidman M.B.A.”
PRESIDENT, BLDI, INC.
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)