Business Administration, M.B.A.
The Master of Business Administration offers an education of
exceptional value and impact for individuals aspiring to transform
their careers and lead the businesses transforming our region. The
professional M.B.A. is a 36-credit program. It offers a learning
opportunity in the context of everyday business situations over 22
months of study.
Listen to Podcast
- Program Focus. Leadership skills, strategic mindset, and customer-oriented perspective.
- Hybrid Delivery. Courses are delivered in person and asynchronously online each week.
- Cohort Structure. All classes taken with the same group of students; enables strong peer learning and professional connections.
- Professional Development. Individualized feedback based on a leadership style assessment. Mentoring opportunities and structured group workshop learning experiences.
- Culminating Experience. Apply knowledge and experience to a business consulting capstone project.
Why Study Business Administration at Grand Valley?
- Vibrant, synergistic relationships with area businesses offer opportunities for collaboration on career development and on community-based projects.
- Faculty members consult actively with local and national businesses. This dynamic exchange keeps students current and connected through a blend of theory and applied practice.
- Accreditation through AACSB International, the premier business school accrediting organization, is a testament to the highest standards of excellence in teaching, research, curriculum, and learner success.
- Seidman College is regularly recognized as a top business school and students excel in local, state, and national educational competitions.
- Classes are held in the thriving business community in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Seidman is accredited by the AACSB International. Visit their accreditation website for more information.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are a combination of online and in-seat downtown on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in L. William Seidman Center in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.Format:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; deadline for fall semester start is July 31 and November 30 for winter. There is a $30 GVSU application fee, waived if you have previously applied to GVSU.
For general requirements for graduate admission, visit Grand Valley State University’s admission section of the online catalog.
Admission into the business administration program has additional requirements, which are available on this page.
If you have additional questions, please contact our graduate admissions office.
“The Seidman M.B.A. taught me to think differently. My business would not be where it is today if it had not been for my Seidman M.B.A.”
PRESIDENT, BLDI, INC.