The Master of Education program provides educators with opportunities for professional renewal and development. Graduate programs in education are designed to increase a student's understanding of the learning process and repertoire of methods and skills. The areas of study reflect the importance of increased breadth and depth of understanding of theoretical constructs and existing problems in education.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education offers the master's degree in seven major areas:
- Educational Technology
- Higher Education
- Instruction and Curriculum
- Educational Leadership
- Literacy Studies
- School Counseling
- Special Education
Why Study Education at Grand Valley?
- Education programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education.
- Faculty members are experts in their field of study and are experienced educators.
- Students acquire strong field-based experiences in diverse
- The College of Education's Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, field placement, and certification.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.