Visit www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus for more.
Applied Data Analytics undergraduate adult online certificate
The undergraduate certificate in applied data analytics at Grand Valley State University focuses on understanding how to interpret, use, and apply data and statistics in the workplace.
The certificate is designed to prepare you to:
- Learn foundational computing and statistical skills like visualization.
- Learn predictive analytics tools.
- Learn computer coding in Python and R.
Why Study Applied Data Analytics at Grand Valley?
- First-rate faculty that are passionate practitioners with years of experience in the field.
- The degree has a strong emphasis in the fundamentals of data science.
- The number of job postings for data science grew 57 percent for the first quarter of 2017. Data-related jobs are expected to grow by 11 percent from 2014 to 2024, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- With a certificate, you can create stackable credentials that enhance your degree and bolster your resume.
- Courses are offered fully online, in six-week accelerated formats, so you can complete it in one year or less.
For More InformationAdult and Continuing Studies
To learn more about this certificate either as part of a degree or as a stand-alone certificate option, schedule an appointment with an advisor.
Location & Format
Classes are offered fully online.Format:
The applied data analytics certificate is comprised of 18 credits:
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics
- STA 323 - Predictive Analytics
- STA 340 - Statistics in the Media OR ECO 300 - Data Analytics for Economics & Business
- CIS 160 - Learn to Code in Python
- CIS 320 - Visualization of Data and Information
- CIS 331 - Data Analysis Tools and Techniques OR MGT 477 - Applied Business Intelligence