LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Here's what you need to know before visiting the
University Libraries. We also provide support online for GVSU
students, faculty, and staff through our online services.
Some library systems will be offline from June 24th until June 29th for software upgrades. Physical materials can be searched at https://www.gvsu.edu/library/findbooks. Requesting, and checking out physical materials will not be available at that time, although articles, e-books, e-journals, and streaming videos will continue to be available. Learn more about the Library Services Platform Migration.
Exam Cram: April 18 through 30
Exam Cram has been a campus-wide tradition for many years. This semester, we’re continuing the tradition with virtual and in-person Exam Cram activities!
We know you might need extra academic support around exam time, and the Libraries are ready to help through a variety of online services.
- Need help finding sources, writing a paper, or getting ready for a virtual presentation? Knowledge Market consultants and liaison librarians are available for virtual consultations.
- Questions? We’re here for you! You can chat live with library staff, text us at (616) 818-0219, or email us at Library@gvsu.edu.
- Want to get started on your own? Check out the Resource Market or a Subject Guide designed for specific areas of study.
- Discover online learning tips and resources to enhance your academic skills from the Student Academic Success Center.
- The University Counseling Center highlights how substance use and studying don't mix and provides alternative tools for studying
Take care of yourselves, GVSU Lakers! Many departments have designed a variety of stress-relief activities:
- Check out the GVSU Counseling Center’s Weekly Wellness series
- Find virtual workouts and log your fitness with the GVSU Recreation & Wellness Laker Strong: Anywhere initiative
- Miss studying in your favorite library? Download a library coloring sheet. Share your final product by tagging @GVSULib on Instagram or Twitter.
- Need a literary pep talk? Text the Library for an inspirational book quote! Text (616) 818-0219 with the hashtag #Quote.
- Take a break to watch an Exam Cram video playlist curated by the Libraries’ User Experience student colleagues! We have curated videos for all occasions:
- See how quickly you can complete our online puzzles from the University Archives!
- Want a fun Zoom background for your virtual meetings? Download one from the University Archives!
- Can’t decide what activity you should do? Use the random idea generator provided by the Office of Student Life.
Exam Cram Shout Out!
Exam Cram would not be possible without the efforts and resources of several programs on campus. We'd like to especially thank the following:
- Campus Dining
- Recreation and Wellness
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Grand Valley Police Department
- Facilities Services (especially our amazing custodians!)
- Health and Wellness
- Housing and Residence Life
- Office of Student Life
- IT Helpdesk
- Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center
- Student Senate
- University Counseling Center
- Knowledge Market partners