In response to the COVID-19 national emergency, the University
Counseling Center (UCC) is adapting services to adhere to safety
recommendations for students and staff. The response to COVID-19 is
ever-changing, and we encourage checking our website often for
updates and resources.
- Short-term teletherapy services
are available to currently enrolled students. To schedule an
appointment, call (616) 331-3266.
- Phone consultations are available for students who want to discuss
services or need assistance finding a community provider. Please
call (616) 331-3266. Or, find more information about community
providers at our community
CRISIS PHONE CONSULTATION
- Emergency phone consultations during office hours are
available for all enrolled students.
- For after-hours crisis consultations, visit our emergency
site to utilize off-campus and national resources.
- Current clients may discuss psychiatric telehealth service options
with their counselor.
- If you are in need of medication refill:
- Please call your pharmacy to check if you have a refill available
- If your pharmacy doesn’t have a refill, please contact the UCC
as soon as possible (ideally 2 weeks prior to running out)
- If you have moved and need referrals to a provider near you, your
UCC medication provider or clinician can help.
The UCC office in Allendale is staffed; however, we are not providing
face-to-face services at this time.
- While we are staffed, please call our office at (616) 331-3266
versus dropping by.
- If you need to visit our center, you will be asked to wear a mask,
maintain social distancing, follow current health and safety
guidelines, and conduct a health
screening. If you have any risk indicators from the health
screening, we ask that you refrain from coming in and contact us
over the phone.
- If anyone refuses to follow the UCC health and safety guidelines,
our staff will discuss your options such as telehealth or a referral
to a community provider.
For other resources and self-help information, visit our