For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
In response to the COVID-19 national emergency, the University Counseling Center will be adapting services until April 25 to ensure that it is adhering to safety recommendations for students and staff. We ask for your understanding as the response to COVID-19 is everchanging, and we encourage to check our website often for updates and resources.
- The University Counseling Center has suspended in-person appointments through April 25th.
- At this time, we expect that the Allendale location will be staffed after April 13thand the DeVos location will be staffed after April 25th.
- UCC telephones are operational and adapted services remain available between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
COUNSELING SERVICES UPDATE:
- Crisis phone consultations are available for enrolled students
- Assistance with referral to a local community provider is available for enrolled students
- Clinical check-ins via phone are available for current clients
PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES UPDATE:
- Psychiatric services remain available via phone for those currently receiving psychiatric services.
- If you are in need of medication refill:
- Please call your pharmacy to check if you have a refill available
- If your pharmacy doesn’t have a refill, please contact the University Counseling Center as soon as possible (ideally 2 weeks prior to running out)
- If you have moved home and need referrals for a provider near you, your UCC medication provider or clinician can help.
For other support information, visit our COVID-19 site.
To enhance the healthy development of our diverse Grand Valley State University community through prevention and education, psychological services, and consultation.
Improving the Well-being of the GVSU Student Body
We are a team of trained professionals committed to improving the mental health of the GVSU student body through counseling, education & consultation. We offer the following counseling services to all currently registered GVSU students free of charge:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Relationship Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Special Events & Seminars
- Consultation & Referral
- Emergency Services
- Peer Education Program