The Facts about Emotional Wellness
Emotional Wellness involves expressing your feelings, adjusting to challenges, coping with the stress that life brings, and enjoying your life.
Be Emotionally Well
9 Characteristics of Emotionally Well People
- Self-Awareness: look at self to navigate distress or elation and redirect emotions if necessary
- Self-Acceptance: Accept themselves. Know when to provide room for themselves to process emotions.
- Self-Care: Both self-compassion and physical care are practiced regularly
- Emotional Agility: Able to thrive even during emotional setbacks.
- Coping Skills: Practice makes perfect so when you need them you can use them.
- Kindness; They approach those around them with compassion.
- Integrity: They move through the world without the expectation of reward.
- Living with Purpose: Focus on how their experiences serve others rather than getting stuck within them.
- Manage stress: They can recognize stress and have go-to activities/skills to manage it.
Improving Emotional Wellness
- Social Connections
- Manage Stress
- Appropriately Express Emotions
- Improve Self-Awareness
Want more tools? Request WIT's Emotional Wellness Presentation!