Professional Development Committee
Professional Development Committee Meeting Minutes
AP Committee Membership
The purpose of the AP Professional Development Subcommittee is to act as a representative body for the AP Committee on issues regarding Professional Development. To report to the AP Executive Committee any recommendations on Professional Development policies that affect the AP staff. The AP Executive Committee will review and make final recommendations, which are reported to the appropriate Executive Officers for approval.
- The Professional Development Subcommittee is composed of six elected AP staff members who will serve three-year terms: one elected person from each of the AP Groups (six total); one or two members from the AP Committee to serve as a liaison(s) and a representative from Human Resources, ex-officio, non-voting.
- Election Guidelines
- Positions are a three-year term. Members can be reelected. Mid-term vacancies will be filled with appointments ratified by the AP Committee as needed. With the exception of a liaison, Professional Development Subcommittee members cannot concurrently serve on the AP Committee, The Salary & Benefits Subcommittee, or the Awards Subcommittee.
- The officers will include a Chairperson, a chair-elect/Vice-Chair, and a Secretary. The chair-elect/Vice-Chair will be chosen by the subcommittee by August of each year. The chair-elect/Vice-Chair will become Chairperson in June of the following year. The term of Chairperson and chair-elect/Vice-Chair will be for one year. A Secretary will be appointed by the Chairperson. The Chairperson and the Secretary will be responsible for the distribution of minutes to all AP staff, via the website.
- The Professional Development Subcommittee will report to the AP Committee and have the following responsibilities:
- To report to the AP Committee any findings and recommendations which are relevant to the professional development of AP staff
- To review and propose additional training and development opportunities for AP staff and make recommendations to the AP Committee for further action
- To review funding sources for AP staff development and to report these findings with recommendations to the AP Committee for further action
- To review and make recommendations to the AP Committee any additional matters that are assigned to the Professional Development Subcommittee.