For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (616) 331-2025 or (800) 748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Welcome to a Community of Interfaith Understanding!
Kaufman's weekly watch
A few months ago, we hosted an event with the authors of Strangers, Neighbors, Friends: Muslim-Christian-Jewish Reflections on Compassion and Peace.
Aziz Abu Sarah shared how his family dealt with discovering a thief in their home to demonstrate how conflict resolution varies between cultures and how we can't apply a "one size fits all" technique to resolving conflicts around the world.
After you've checked out Aziz's story above, view the entire event here.
BEYOND TOLERANCE, WE VALUE HOSPITALITY, UNDERSTANDING, RESPECT, AND ACCEPTANCE.
The Kaufman Interfaith Institute is taking seriously our role in limiting public exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Complying with recommendations from the CDC and the response measures of GVSU, we have cancelled all events until future notice.
We want to continue to be engaged with the community during this time and are thinking of ways we can facilitate interfaith connections despite our current physical separation.
We have a few options available already with more to come.
- First off, here are some local congregations providing online services during our time “sheltering in place”
- Our book groups are meeting virtually via zoom, we’re currently reading Strangers, Neighbors, Friends by our Senior Research Fellow, Kelly James Clark.
- If you can't join our book groups, we've recommended some great interfaith books to enjoy on your own during the shutdown. Click through the slide show on the right to check them out.
- Scroll down for a list of local organizations offering food and financial assistance during COVID-19 as well as ways you can help during this crisis.
- We’re also providing a lot of COVID-19 resources on our Facebook page.
Finally, if you have any suggestions on how we can serve the interfaith community during this time, drop us a line at email@example.com