Encompass Employee Assistance Program
Striving to Improve Employee Well-Being
Whether it's financial worries, aging parents, job stress or health issues, everyone faces challenges from time to time. With your EAP, you don't have to face them alone. As a faculty or staff member, you have access to Encompass, a third party employee assistance program (EAP) which offers 24/7 crisis support, consultation, and coaching. Access free resources by creating an online account at www.MyLifeExpert.com using the code "GVSUNI" and book up to 7 free sessions with Encompass by calling 1-800-788-8630.
How does my EAP work?
An EAP specialist will ask you a few questions to help you identify the best resource to assist you with your personal situation. If you need financial or legal services, you will be referred to an expert in the appropriate field. If you want to see a counselor, we will match you with a counselor or therapist who is experienced in helping people with problems similar to yours.
Encompass EAP maintains a large network of licensed and certified professionals, including lawyers, mediators, psychologists, marriage/family therapists and substance abuse professionals, from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. No matter what concern you are facing, Encompass EAP has a full range of diverse professionals available to meet your needs.
No, your employer provides no-cost counseling for you and your household members.
- Anytime, Anywhere: Reducing barriers to access through technology. Includes 24/7/365 telephone support, mobile app with chat functionality, video counseling, and web portal.
- Legal/Financial Resources: Legal and financial resources and referrals are available to connect employees with experienced, vetted professionals in their topical area of legal and financial needs. Resources include divorce/custody, bankruptcy, budgeting, estate planning/wills, personal injury malpractice, and major life event planning.
- Life Coaching: We help employees and their household members meet their personal and professional goals. A life coach works actively to help individuals assess their current situation, then develop goals and action steps to meet their stated expectations. A coach is an accountability partner and helps individuals overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. We help with life transitions, creating better work/life balance, setting goals, and improving relationships.
- Medical Advocacy: Medical advocacy is a new approach to maneuvering through the healthcare system. It offers strategies to promote employee health, productivity, and well-being by serving patient populations throughout the entire lifespan and by addressing health problems in every category of disease classification and in all disease stages. We help with insurance navigation, doctor referrals, specialist referrals, care transition, discharge planning, and adult care coaching.
- Mental Health Counseling: When overwhelmed with personal, work or life stressors, mental health counseling can be a lifesaver. Our licensed Master's level counselors support you and your household members through difficult times providing confidential assistance 24/7. We help with family conflict, couples/relationships, substance abuse, anxiety, and depression.
- Personal Assistant: Our personal assistant helps individuals with their "to-do" list. It can be difficult to find extra time in the day to manage everyday tasks. We help lighten the load through researching the best options to benefit you and your loved ones. Services Include entertainment & dining, travel & tourism, household errands, and service professionals.
- Work/Life Resources: Navigating the practical challenges of life, while handling the demands of your job can be stressful. Work/life resources and referral services are designed to provide knowledgeable consultation and customized guidance to assist with gaining resolution to everyday hurdles. Resources include adoption, elder/adult care, parenting, child care, special needs support, and wellness.
Download the flyer for more information on your Encompass EAP benefits.
You can start by accessing free resources by creating an online account at www.MyLifeExpert.com using the code "GVSUNI". Resources are updated frequently. You can also book a free session with Encompass by calling 1-800-788-8630. As a GVSU employee, you have 7 free sessions total.