It has been a dynamic year as we have completed the transition to Bb Learn Ultra. Discover the highlights of the past twelve months and gain insights into how our eLearning Technologies team will persistently assist the GV community in the upcoming semester.
New Semester Checklist Top 10 Ultra Resources
The New Semester Checklist is a great place to review some of Blackboard's basic and essential functions. Are you looking for tips on getting started with Bb Ultra? See this knowledge base article for best practices and course design tips.
Top 10 Bb Ultra Resources
What you need to know now:
Remember the following:
- Every faculty member has their own "Ultra Practice Test Course" where they can explore new Ultra features.
- Faculty can request "template sites" to help with early curriculum development.
- All faculty have been enrolled in a Blackboard site named "Blackboard Learn Ultra Self-Paced Training." Use this site to become familiar with Ultra Course View at your own pace.
- You can find many additional resources on our Instructor Resources for Blackboard Ultra page in the Service Portal Knowledge Base or the Student Resources for Blackboard Ultra page.
- eLearning has put together some tips and tricks for how to best copy content from your Classic courses to your Ultra courses
- See this knowledge base article for best practices and tips for course design in Bb Ultra.
- Grand Valley State University uses the Continuous Delivery method, which provides new Bb capabilities and fixes known issues monthly. All system-wide updates are done automatically. Users experience the most recent version of Blackboard Learn Ultra without significant downtime or service interruptions. See the Release Schedule for the planned timeline and the Release Notes for current and upcoming features and improvements.
Bb Idea Exchange for Feature Requests
Blackboard/Anthology has created an idea exchange for directly engaging with faculty on feature requests. Faculty can sign up for the Idea Exchange and post their suggestions, vote on feature requests others propose, and track their implementation.
Learning Ultra Course View
The eLearning Technologies team is offering a variety of training opportunities for faculty to learn Ultra Course view. Check out our webinar page to register for an Ultra training.
- Join us virtually every week to learn about different functionality within Bb Ultra. Topics include Communication tools, Gradebook, Content Market (third-party tools), Assessments, and Data.
Learn from the Champions!
Many faculty have been using Blackboard Ultra Course View for several semesters. They've gladly shared their experiences and advice with the rest of the university.
- This series uses best practices in course design in the most time-efficient process possible. Each webinar will cover pedagogy and strategies and plenty of examples on the following topics for designing and building your course.
Ultra Base Navigation Resources
- Getting Started with Ultra Base Navigation
- Navigating Courses and Organizations in Blackboard Ultra
- Ultra Course View versus Classic Course View
- Editing Profile Pictures in Blackboard Learn Ultra
- Using the Calendar in Blackboard Learn Ultra
eLearning Technologies provides a wide array of services and resources designed to facilitate a cohesive and seamless digital learning experience for students at GVSU - through supporting faculty in delivering high-quality, high-impact, high-engagement innovative teaching.
We support faculty, contribute to teaching excellence, and enhance student success through:
Exemplary Instructional Design for Online and Hybrid Courses
- Teaching with Technology
Effective Application of Instructional Technologies
Learning Management System Enhancement
- Digital Studio
Interactive Digital Media Development
- We also partner with the Atomic Object Technology Showcase to bring innovative emerging technologies to GVSU.
What's New from eLearning
Grand Valley Hosts 2023 miBUG Conference
On Friday May 5, 2023 Grand Valley State University's eLearning Technologies team helped to host the spring 2023 conference for the Michigan Blackboard Users Group. Attendees from almost 20 institutions gathered in person and virtually to share best practices for teaching with Blackboard Learn and learn more about the product's future.
Students share the value of online and hybrid learning at GVSU
“I took a hybrid class because I have an autoimmune disease so it is hard for me to make it to all classes. By taking the class I am able to relieve some of my stress of making it to class.”
—- GVSU Student
"Supporting faculty pursuing innovation in teaching and learning."
Credits: Bird Tangram Puzzle by irene hoffman from NounProject.com ; Light Bulb by Numero Uno from NounProject.com