Graduate Student Resources
Financial Assistance for Graduate Students
Financial assistance may be available to help you continue your graduate studies at GVSU during the COVID-19 pandemic. This financial assistance is not limited to tuition assistance. The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships has a short application for students to state how they’ve been impacted. Each individual application will be reviewed as quickly as possible. Here is the link to make a request: www.gvsu.edu/financialaid/hardshiprequest
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships with questions regarding financial assistance:
Telephone: (616) 331-3234 or 800-748-0246
Should you be experiencing issues related to housing insecurity, please contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 331-2120.
Tips for Online Learning
Is your in-person class being moved online? GVSU has lots of resources and support available for online learning. The Knowledge Market (part of the University Libraries) has resources to help:
Tips for Online Learning
How to Use Google Meet
How to Do Your Job Online
Resources for International Students
The Graduate School has worked to put together resources the specifically apply to international graduate students. We realize that after you are admitted to a program that there is a long checklist for you to work through and we want to make sure that we are supporting you through each step.
Visit the International Student Website to find out more about what we have to offer International Students.
Graduate admission requirements can be found through the Office of Admissions.
An International Student Orientation is provided to help you feel comfortable here.
Upcoming Virtual International Events
Every Friday morning at 9:00 AM our International Admissions team is hosting hour-long virtual sessions for prospective students and admitted students to discuss any questions that you may have. Whether you want general information, details pertaining to a specific program, or just want to see what GVSU has to offer, please take a look at the webinars available for you. We are here to support you in your quest for graduate education at GVSU.
- Graduate Student Blueprint
- Campus Maps
- The Graduate School Forms Library
- Registrar's Office Forms Library
- Annual Class Schedule
- Student Health Insurance
- Experiential Learning
- Writing Resources for Graduate Students
- Responsible Conduct of Research Training
- Final Project Information
- Thesis and Dissertation Information
- Michigan Intercollegiate Program for Graduate Students
Student Support Centers
- Disability Support Resources
- Veteran's Network
- Center for Women and Gender Equity
- LGBT Resource Center
- Multicultural Affairs
- Writing Center
- Speech Lab (watch video here)
- Statistical Consulting Center
- Knowledge Market
- Resource Market
- Career Center
- University Counseling Center
- Family Health Center (GVSU)
- Your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account is available for you to use for future classes at GVSU.
- Graduate Assistantships
- Academic Conference Fund
- Presidential Research Grants
- Graduate Funding Board (GSA)
- GVSU Financial Aid Website
- Company Deferment Plan
- FAFSA application
- Graduate/Post-Commencement Specific Fellowships
- GradSense Financial Education
- Extramural Fellowship Directories
- GRAPES Database (Scholarships and Fellowships)
- Short Term Emergency Loans
Online Learning Guide
The Graduate School has put together an Online Learning Guide with tips and resources to make each online learning experience a success. Included in this document: How to Prepare for Your First Online Course; How to Set Up a Home Office for Online Learning; How to Avoid Feeling Isolated in Your Online Course; Tips for Taking Online Classes; and Resources for Online Learning.