At the GVSU Family Health Center, we believe every patient deserves access to compassionate providers and quality health care. It is our mission and privilege to provide holistic care for GVSU students, faculty, and staff, as well as members of our Grand Rapids community who need a trusted health care provider.
Let us know how we can help you maintain or regain your health and live your best life possible by contacting us at (616) 331-9830 today.
- Services for GVSU students, faculty, and staff - convenience care appointments for minor illnesses and injuries, ongoing primary and preventative care services, and behavioral health services.
- Services for members of the surrounding community - primary and preventative health care appointments, as well as behavioral health services.
We look forward to partnering with you on your health journey!
Tamara Van Kampen, DNP, RN
GVSU Family Health Center
Who We Serve
GVSU Faculty and Staff
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to provide accessible, quality, healthcare and promote an innovative learning environment through an academic nurse-managed approach.
We envision a health center that offers an integrated, holistic, barrier-free approach to healthcare while valuing diversity, inclusion, and equity for all.
We are dedicated to:
- Providing excellent, evidence-based care for all who enter our doors.
- Developing innovative learning communities of current and future healthcare leaders through the powerful role of interdisciplinary education.
- Transforming the lives of both students and patients resulting in healthier communities.
- Offering physical, mental, and social support services to all patients.
2021 FLU SHOTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Flu Clinics will be back on campus this October for students, faculty, and staff. Sign up to save your spot using the registration link for all on-campus clinics. As always, walk-ins at the Family Health Center, during office hours are welcome. (Lunch is from 12:00pm-1:00pm)
Daily self-assessments will be checked, and masks are required. Please call the GVSU Family Health Center at (616) 331-9830 with any questions.
2021 GVSU Flu Shot Clinics:
- Oct. 5th 9:00am-11:00am-University Club Pew Campus
- Oct 6th 11:00am-1:00pm- Kirkhof Center Room 2263
- Oct. 7th 5:00pm-7:00pm-GVSU Family Health Center
- Oct. 12th 12:00pm-2:00pm- Fieldhouse Upper Arena
- Oct. 13th 1:00pm-3:00pm- University Club Pew Campus
- Oct. 15th 9:00am-10:00am- Annis Water Resources Institute (Muskegon)
- Oct. 18th 11:00am-1:00pm- DeVos Center for Interprofessional Health Room 104
- Oct. 20th 2:00pm-4:00pm- Kirkhof Center Room 2215/2216
- Oct. 27th 2:00pm-4:00pm- Cook-Devos Center for Health Sciences Room 233
- Nov. 2nd 11:00am-1:00pm-Fieldhouse Upper Arena Area
72 Sheldon Blvd SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Phone: (616) 331-9830
Fax: (616) 331-9831
*Our phone lines turn off 30 minutes prior to the end of the business day.
*Messages left on the nurse line after 4:00 p.m. (1:00 p.m. on Friday) may be answered the next business day.
- Monday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed