At the GVSU Family Health Center, we believe every patient deserves access to compassionate providers and quality health care. It is our mission and privilege to provide holistic care for GVSU students, faculty, and staff, as well as members of our Grand Rapids’ community who need a trusted health care provider.
Information on our team, services, location, hours and scheduling appointments, including telehealth, is available on this website. Let us know how we can help you maintain or regain your health and live your best life possible by contacting us at (616) 331-9830 today.
- Services for GVSU students, faculty and staff - convenience care appointments for minor illnesses and injuries and ongoing primary and preventative care services
- Services for members of the surrounding community - primary and preventative health care appointments
We look forward to partnering with you on your health journey!
Tamara Van Kampen, DNP, RN
GVSU Family Health Center
- Same Day Sick Visits
- Video Appointments*
- Primary & Preventative Care
- Student Health
- Women's Health
- LGBT Health
- Sexual Health
- Immunizations & Travel Clinics
- Convenience Clinic Appointments
- Specialist & Diagnostic Referrals
- Health Profession Compliance
- Nutrition Counseling (Pro Bono)
*Video appointments available for minor illnesses and follow-up appointments. Contact our office to schedule. Technical requirements: No apps or downloads required – our web-based appointments require an internet connection and device/computer with a camera.
72 Sheldon Blvd SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Phone: (616) 331-9830
Fax: (616) 331-9831
Monday - 8:00 am - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 7:00 am - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 8:00 am - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - 7:00 am - 7:00 p.m.
Friday - 8:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
*Our phone lines will turn off 30 minutes prior to the end of the business day.
Register for our Patient Portal to access to account information, paperless statements, online bill payment, lab results, messaging with providers, and more.
GVSU Student Wellness resources are available to help you take an active role in staying healthy and prepared.
Radio Interviews provide information on our commitment to student health, community engagement, and grants to help vulnerable populations.