At the GVSU Family Health Center, we believe every patient deserves access to compassionate providers and quality health care. It is our mission and privilege to provide holistic care for GVSU students, faculty, and staff, as well as members of our Grand Rapids community who need a trusted health care provider.
Let us know how we can help you maintain or regain your health and live your best life possible by contacting us at (616) 331-9830 today.
- Services for GVSU students, faculty, and staff - convenience care appointments for minor illnesses and injuries, ongoing primary and preventative care services, and behavioral health services.
- Services for members of the surrounding community - primary and preventative health care appointments, as well as behavioral health services.
We look forward to partnering with you on your health journey!
Who We Serve
GVSU Faculty and Staff
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to provide accessible, quality, healthcare and promote an innovative learning environment through an academic nurse-managed approach.
We envision a health center that offers an integrated, holistic, barrier-free approach to healthcare while valuing diversity, inclusion, and equity for all.
We are dedicated to:
- Providing excellent, evidence-based care for all who enter our doors.
- Developing innovative learning communities of current and future healthcare leaders through the powerful role of interdisciplinary education.
- Transforming the lives of both students and patients resulting in healthier communities.
- Offering physical, mental, and social support services to all patients.
- We demonstrate excellence in patient care using evidence-based practice and continuous improvement.
- We embrace a culture that prevents harm and nurtures a safe, healing environment for all.
- We promise to honor the dignity, individuality, and rights of everyone, and to pay particular attention to patients’ rights to privacy, confidentiality, and information.
- We include concerned loved ones in our circle of care.
- We provide care with dignity, concern, kindness, and respect for the diversity of our community
- We stand with and serve those who are most vulnerable in our community.
- We value diversity, inclusion, and equity in our pursuit of social justice.
- We act openly and truthfully in everything we do.
- We are faithful to who we say we are.
- We value the powerful role of education in all of our work.
- We are intentional in our mission to provide meaningful student experiences by integrating with multiple university programs.
72 Sheldon Blvd SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
GVSU Convnience Clinic
Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall (RFH)
500 Lafayette NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Phone: (616) 331-9830
Fax: (616) 331-9831
*Our phone lines turn off 30 minutes prior to the end of the business day.
*Messages left on the nurse line after 4:00 p.m. (1:00 p.m. on Friday) may be answered the next business day.
- Monday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Convenience Clinic Hours Winter 2023:
- Wednesday: 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Closed during Spring Break