Faculty Conference Grant
GRANT AT A GLANCE
- Amount: Two grants per faculty member per fiscal year--$700 and $250. Funds may be used in any order.
- Purpose: This grant provides funding to defray the cost of attending two in-person or virtual teaching-related conferences, workshops or training, with or without presenting.
- Eligibility: All faculty (tenure track, tenured, affiliate, visiting, and adjunct). Staff not eligible
- Application Timing: Applications will be accepted prior to traveling and awarded on a rolling basis each fiscal year until funds are depleted.
- Of Note:
- Funding is limited to two awards per faculty member per fiscal year and cannot be used towards the same conference or workshop.
- Recipients will be notified within one week of applying.
- There is no retroactive funding
Below is a detailed explanation of the Pew FTLC Faculty Conference Grant. Once you have reviewed the information below, please click on "APPLY FOR A GRANT" to begin the application process. Applications may be saved as "in progress" at any time during the application process.
Faculty Conference Grant
Faculty Conference Grants are designed to defray the cost of attending in-person or virtual teaching-related conferences, workshops or trainings. The use of funds does not require the presentation of papers at the conference.
Two grants per faculty member per fiscal year--$700 and $250. Funds may be used in any order.
- All faculty (tenure track, tenured, affiliate, visiting, and adjunct) are eligible to apply.
- Staff not eligible.
- Funding is limited to two awards ($700 and $250) per faculty member per fiscal year.
- In the event that an applicant decides not to use their award, they must notify the Pew FTLC before the start date of proposed activity if they would like to be eligible for additional funding.
Applications will be accepted and awarded on a rolling basis each fiscal year until funds are depleted.
- Apply by selecting "Faculty Conference Grant" from the dropdown menu in the FTLC Grants System.
- After careful examination of each proposal to confirm alignment with the established guidelines and approval from your unit head, grant recipients will be notified within one week of applying.
Each applicant who is awarded a Faculty Conference Grant will be responsible for submitting a Final Report (brief reflection) via the online system within 30 days of the conference end date. The Pew FTLC will send out an automatic reminder e-mail for your convenience. The Final Report will ask you to summarize the following (500 word limit):
- What tools, skills, knowledge and/or professional connections did you gain by attending the conference?
- How will you implement what you have learned into your classroom, unit/college, and/or community?
To submit a Final Report, click on "Final Report" under "Application Details" within the FTLC Grant System. Reimbursements will not be processed until a Final Report has been received.
Please note: We read these reports with great interest and use them:
- To verify that our investment in you had an impact on our students' learning and on your professional development
- To glean ideas for new FTLC endeavors which can benefit more students and faculty
- To improve our processes and outcomes
All expenditures associated with this grant must be submitted via Concur along with original, detailed receipts. Your unit will send a copy of the expense report via OnBase to the Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center. Upon submission of your Final Report and receipt of your Concur expense report, your unit will be reimbursed by the Pew FTLC.
- Contact the Pew FTLC Office at [email protected] or (616) 331-3498 with questions.
- Also, check out our Grants Frequently Asked Questions page.