LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Mission and Overview
Promoting a scholarly approach to teaching and learning, supporting reflection on professional practice, encouraging growth at all career stages, and rewarding innovation in teaching.
Guided by the ideals of liberal education and the principles of inclusive excellence, the Pew FTLC strengthens the university in carrying out its primary mission of teaching and learning.
Through its programming and services, the Pew FTLC seeks to:
The Pew FTLC is located in 068 Zumberge Hall. Come visit us between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
We can also be reached at email@example.com or (616) 331-3498.
- Reward teaching excellence
- Build community around teaching and learning
- Cultivate dialogue about teaching and learning through orientations, workshops, individual consultations, and other programs
- Promote a scholarly and reflective approach to teaching
- Support faculty in their efforts to improve their teaching and to disseminate the results of their teaching and learning projects
- Develop and disseminate teaching resources
- Partner with other support offices on campus, offering collaborative programming and referring faculty for assistance outside the Center’s area of service
- Collaborate with faculty developers in the region and the nation to share best practices and resources, where appropriate
- Consult with departments, colleges, committees, and campus administrators on faculty development issues
The Pew FTLC staff respond to the needs of the faculty and the campus community. Our programs and services foster dialogue and community-building around teaching and learning. We strive to provide a broad range of programs in order to serve faculty, regardless of rank or career stage.
In 1995, the University Academic Senate recommended that a center be established to support the University's efforts toward achieving its goal of teaching excellence. In response, the Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center was founded, charged with a mission to serve as a resource for faculty development.