Academic Advising in Honors
Current Student Virtual or Phone appointment options
You have two ways to seek advising through the Honors College. Both options are quick and easy.
1. You can email Meg or Kary with any questions. This includes questions about your schedule, your next steps in Honors, plans regarding your senior project, or making sure you have fulfilled your requirements to graduate.
2. You can click here to schedule a virtual or phone appointment with Meg or Kary through Navigate. When prompted to select a Major/Minor, select 'Honors' in order to see available honors advising appointments. These appointments are particularly good for first year students looking for a conversation about their next steps in Honors. This is also a good option for students who want to learn more about Honors requirements when studying abroad. Additionally, students who are struggling in classes or with their mental health should set up an appointment to talk about resources and next steps. Currently new appointments are added Monday afternoons for each week so continue to check back for availability. For step by step directions on how to setup an appointment please click here.
There are no walk-in advising appointments at this time.
These appointments are for current students only, prospective students please contact the office at 616-331-3219 or email@example.com with your questions and for more information regarding the Meijer Honors College.
HNR 499: Honors Senior Project questions?
Please note: If students request additional participants (such as parents or partners) to advising appointments or any conversation regarding course performance, it is required that the student fill out the FERPA Permissions to Release Non-Public Information. Students should fill it out, save it and send it as an email attachment prior to the advising appointment.
- Watch the first video for tips on making the registration process painless. If you have need specific instructions on Banner Registration please visit here and the current registration calendar can be found here
- The second video is for students who entered Fall 2020 or after.
- The third video is for students who entered GVSU and the Meijer Honors College before Fall 2020. This will help you in finding the correct class for your remaining requirements in the old curriculum.
- All course descriptions can be found here.
Registration Tips & Tricks
Fall 2020 & After
Before Fall 2020
Frederick Meijer Office of Fellowships
The Office of Fellowships serves all GVSU students and Alumni in supporting a wide range of enriching experiences, including study abroad, graduate study, research, language study, teaching, service learning, internship, community and service opportunities through competitive national and international awards. Please visit their website for more information.