The options and opportunities for independent study projects are virtually limitless. Students would go through the independent study process when they are not receiving an official transcript for their program abroad. The Padnos International Center (PIC) has established a set of guidelines to follow in planning your independent study abroad experience.
Independent study abroad may include but not limited to the following:
- Service learning programs
- Independent study courses
- Research projects
- Internship and work abroad
- Volunteer abroad
- Student Teaching (COST Program)
PLEASE NOTE: If you are receiving credit from another university, apply for a Non-GVSU program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 6 weeks prior to program. Students must apply on OASIS:
- If there is not a host university involved with your independent study, list the title of your specific project or program
- If the provider you are using doesn’t not appear on the dropdown list, please contact Rebecca Hambleton at firstname.lastname@example.org